Monday, December 6, 2010

Museum Post


Hello my name is Marco Andrade. For this assignment we were to visit an art museum and I visited the San Diego Modern Art Museum at Balboa Park on Friday. There were several museums at Ballboa Park but I chose this specific museum because I found it interesting to see what artists of today are doing. The unique thing about this museum is that you can actually buy the painting and the cool thing about it is that it is very affordable. There was no cost to enter and that was good for my wallet.
I found several art pieces that were interesting and the one that most caught my attention was the following. This painting caught my eye because of the coloring in the painting; I like the fact that it had bright and dark colors. The artist's name was on the painting but unfortunately I forgot to write it down. The price of the painting was $100. The painting had a modern twist to it, usually my preferences are not modern but for this piece it attracted to me. I liked this particular museum because it showed modern artists and what they are actually doing, and it makes me feel good that these artists are actually acknowledged.

2 comments:

  1. That is a very nice painting. Does it have a name? Or was it nameless?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting painting. This abstract piece kind of reminds me of Franz Marc's Fighting Forms with embryonic forms. That painting might symbolize something.

    ReplyDelete