Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Museum visit

For the museum visit, I went to the San Diego museum of art. A painting that really intrigued me was Francis Luis Mora's painting "Morning News" 1912 oil on panel. I really liked this piece a lot because of the way the how simple the coloring is and the whole early 1920's/Victorian style is just something I really adore.(Bowler hats, aww yeah!)
I also love how the colors of both light and dark are played with (Mostly the blue,greens,reds and oranges) are really well played in this piece. The details of how the oils were played in this painting is really amazing!
The painting was inspired by Mora's visit to New York and venturing in the subway one morning. How people would just lean over and get a glimpse of the newspaper when someone else is reading it.The painting wasn't commissioned but was more of a personal piece for Mora.
There were tons of other paintings around the museum that were really beautiful, but this small painting really caught my eye the moment I saw it.

Oh here's my ticket too. I couldn't take a picture of myself since my camera ran out of battery.>:(

No comments:

Post a Comment